Sunday, 1 January 2012
In with the new
The other day, Dawn, one of the people I've met through Thinking Slimmer wrote a post on her blog that I really liked. It was called a future pace - the concept being that you look forward to the end of 2012 and write down what will have happened. The idea is that by thinking about and writing down what you want to happen you are much more likely to make these things happen. So here is mine for 2012
* I completed the London Marathon. It was the most amazing day and an experience I'll never forget. I enjoyed it so much that I am considering running another marathon at some point in the future
* I beat my fundraising target for the marathon and have contributed to a charity that makes a real difference to my local community. I felt really good about that
* I reached my target size and know exactly what I need to do to stay here for the rest of my life
* We extended our tenancy agreement on the flat in Limehouse for another year. We're really happy here and are hoping to buy somewhere in the area in a year or so
* I finally left the Forensic Science Service after 14 years. I was sad to leave and see the company close but very proud to have worked there and of everything it achieved. I took away some very happy memories
* I took a couple of months off work. It was an opportunity that might never have presented itself again and one that I couldn't pass up.
* During that time my husband also took some time off work and we saw some more of the world. We had a fantastic time as always
* Having that time off really helped me to clear my head and think about what I want to do with the rest of my career. I now have a plan that I am putting into place
* The first part of this plan is the new role that I am now in. I am really enjoying it, it's allowing me to do the things I love and that I'm good at. It's a great environment for me
* I ran the Great South Run again and set a new personal best for 10 miles. I also took part in the Brighton Half Marathon and the BUPA 10K, my first races at those distances
* I celebrated my 3rd wedding anniversary with my husband. We have never been happier
Happy New Year everyone - may 2012 bring you everything you wish for.